Creative Paper Punch Ideas For Scrapbooks With Techniques in Color, Pattern & Dimension
by Memory Makers Books.
2002. This trade paperback book is 96 pages; cover price is $19.99 US / $29.99 Canada / Â£12.99 UK. This book is now apparently out of print, but it is still readily available for sale on the internet. (Scroll down to see links to places where you can buy it.)
Please click on any of the photos below for a close-up view.
This is a fantastic book! It is colorful and inspiring, with lots of fantastic ideas for punching paper. You can use these punch art techniques to create scrapbook pages and layouts, handmade greeting cards, altered art, gifts, and other paper crafts projects. If you are looking specifically for a book about how to make paper lace, this isn’t it. (Please see my other book reviews for some better choices.) However, there is one paper lace project in this book that is quite lovely.
This book is ideal for:
1) The crafter who already owns a gazillion punches, but the punches don’t get used much because you feel like there isn’t that much you can do with them. If that is you, this book will really help you maximize the creative things you can do with your punches.
2) The artist or crafter who loves color! This book is so colorful and creative. Color is one of the main focuses of this book. Even if you’re a color expert, you’ll probably find some fresh color inspiration on the pages of this book.
3) The artist or crafter who is color-challenged. This book presents fail-safe, tried and true color combinations for you to use. Your work will be amazingly color coordinated and eye-catching if you work from the examples in this book. You’ll learn a lot about which colors work well together too.
4) The artist or crafter who uses a lot of borders or border patterns. Borders are definitely one of this book’s strong points. The ones in this book are especially helpful for scrapbooking layouts, but could be used wherever an interesting border is needed.
The down sides:
1) If you don’t already own punches, you’ll probably want to buy a bunch after you read this book.
2) The projects in this book can get a bit time consuming. But hey, that’s paper crafting for you. If you’re looking at this book in the first place, you probably already expected that you’d be spending some time to make any of the layouts, cards or projects in this book. Some of them are obviously more time consuming than others, but you can always feel free to adapt each design to your own needs.
One more good point: If you’re willing to buy it used, the book is available very inexpensively. Most copies I’ve seen are under $10, and I’ve occasionally even seen copies for sale for under $1.00! For that price, you really can’t go wrong- you can’t even get a magazine for that. The original cover price is $19.99 US / $29.99 Canada / Â£12.99 UK, and I honestly thought it was worth those prices when I originally bought mine. (I paid full price for it when it was still in print, and I was very satisfied with it.)
Where To Buy Punch Your Art Out Book 3:
Click here to see copies of the book available for sale on ebay.
Click here to see copies of the book available for sale on half.com.
Click here to see copies of the book available for sale on amazon.com.
Click here to see copies of the book available for sale at Biblio.
International Shipping Available. Payment can be made by check, paypal, American Express, Discover, Visa & Mastercard.