Fiskars Heart Border Punch
Free Paper Lace Project Ideas Using The Fiskars Border Punch With Heart Motifs
Green Foliage Greeting Card With Paper Lace
Making the Paper Lace:
First, punch a couple of strips of paper lace using green cardstock and the Fiskars Heart border punch. You will use the Fiskars mini scallop paper edgers to create the small scallop on the other edge of the border. It's exactly the same process described in the paper lace making instructions on this page
, the only difference is that you'll be using the Heart border punch instead of the Sunburst border punch. Ink your paper laces with green inks, if you like. Set the paper lace pieces aside to be used as embellishments for the top of the card.
Making the Card:
- On this page I have included basic cardmaking instructions for making the card out of Bristol board. (Look under the heading "Basic Cardmaking Instructions For All The Greeting Cards Shown" )
- Cut a 4 1/4 inch by 5 1/2 inch piece of the Autumn Leaves Foliage Azure Leaves paper and adhere it to the top of the card.
- Tear a strip of the Autumn Leaves Foliage Dandelions paper as shown for the front of the card. This piece should measure 5 1/2 inches wide and the side with the torn edges will measure approx 2 inches, but don't worry it if it's a little off. Adhere the torn paper to the front of the card.
- Adhere the paper laces to the front of your card as shown. I prefer to trim them down to the right size after they have been attached, and I usually keep the leftover scraps to use in collages, art trading cards and other projects.
- Ink the edges of the K & Company Wild Saffron round lacy label/tag. (I inked mine using olive fluid chalk and some dark green dye ink from Rubber Stampede.)
- Stamp the larger flower from the Inque Boutique Bella Flora mini stamp set in the center of the round lacy label / tag. Use a lighter color of ink; I used a light green ink. You'll be stamping overtop of this with a darker color in the next step, and you want the other stamp to be visible, so choose your ink colors accordingly.
- Ink the medium sized flower stamp with the darker green ink color you chose, and stamp directly overtop of the first stamped flower image.
- Stick a round epoxy sticker from the Honeydew Narratives collection on top of the stamped images, in the center of the flower.
- Use your prismacolor pencils to trace around the outside of the sticker for emphasis. You can also add colored pencil touches around the outer edges of the flower if you see any areas where it needs definition.
- Adhere the embellished lacy tag / label to the front of the card.
- Personalize the inside of the card as desired, using either sentiments stamps or your own handwritten greeting to the recipient.
- Send and enjoy!
"You Rock" Scalloped Circle Greeting Card With Paper Lace:
If you are interested in making this Scalloped Circle Greeting Card, click here to see the supply list and more information.
Click here for information about the Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch.
Click here for information about Martha Stewart Punches.
Click here for free project ideas and information about the Fiskars Sunburst Border Punch.